We are the first Mountain Adventure Travel Agency in Mendoza to receive the World Travel and Tourism Council’s (WTTC) Safe Travels stamp!
We have always operated our adventures in a responsible way and the welfare and safety of our customers is the first priority of everyone at Inka Expediciones. We have received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s (WTTC) Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with the assurance that we have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols for tour operators – so you can experience Safe Travels in line with recommendations from the World Health Organization. Before we organise an adventure in any destination, our itinerary will undergo a comprehensive risk assessment and audit, while our guides will complete COVID-19 health and safety training.
Most of the new measures for the containment of the coronavirus are applied daily in mountaineering. We are taking steps to ensure that hygiene and safety remain our focus along with a unique experience for our customers.
- Outdoors: most activities take place in open spaces and without large populations around.
- Distance: for safety reasons, a certain distance is maintained in the mountains between one mountaineer and another. This is mainly due to possible falls or trips. Being distant allows us, in case of falling, not to affect other expedition companions.
- Covers: in the mountains, we use “buff” that serves as a cover. This item is used to protect us from the cold and keep moisture.
- Cleaning: our chefs use gloves and face masks to prepare food. Also, the camp staff and guides who are responsible for serving food to climbers. Utensils and kitchen surfaces, tables in dining domes, bunk beds, etc. are disinfected. Likewise, the bathrooms are kept sanitized and disinfected.
- Hand disinfection: in each dome and bathroom you will find liquid soap and gel alcohol to keep your hands disinfected and sanitized.
- Maximum capacity in dining rooms: we have turns to eat, ensuring the minimum distance between diners.